Oh, there's such a wonderful story that goes with this machine. I first saw it on eBay where it didn't get any bids. It's a favorite game of mine. It was listed as working and in nice condition, so I emailed the seller (Troy from ArcadeUnlimited in IL) and offered him a lower amount. He accepted and said that a shipping guy named "Randy Buffalo" was already scheduled to pick up the machine in a few days, so I'd better pay for it quick. I got the money out to him in time, and the shipper picked it up, agreeing to deliver it freight collect. It was supposed to take less than 30 days to get the machine to me. 28 days went by and I started seeing horror stories posted to rgvac from people who were waiting for their machines to arrive after months. Machines that did arrive, came damaged. People were getting charged twice and extorted for their machines. Wonderful.
My emails to Randy were always answered quickly with promises of the machine getting delivered to me "real soon now". This went on for about another month until I finally got a reply that Randy is "in over his head" and the only way I'll see my machine, in this lifetime, is to send him a $100 fee for him to wrap it up and drop it off at Old Dominion freight. I tell him that it was already wrapped by the original seller and to just drop it off at the shipper freight collect and I'd send him $50 now and $50 when I got the machine. He refused. He said the current wrapping was inadequate and it would need to be put on a pallet. He emphasized that it'd be "who knows how long" before I'd see the game if I didn't send him $100. He said the charge from Old Dominion would only be about $125-150.
I sent the money. A week later, the game shows up on the back of the Old Dominion truck laying on it's face, with no pallet and the original wrapping that only went around the mid-section. Of course, the corners and bottom of the once-nice cabinet were torn up from bouncing around on it's face. The driver presented me with the shipping bill. $250. Arguing with the innocent driver was futile, of course. For all they knew, this big wood box was the crate for something else. So, I gritted my teeth and paid the bill.
After unwrapping and inspecting the machine, I found the b-board was laying on the monitor. It wasn't screwed to the a-board, so the gentle treatment knocked it clean off. I plugged it back in, checked all the cabinet connections and powered it up. Sparks, smoke and that wonderful burning silicon oder came from the monitor chassis in no time at all, so I decided to unplug the machine and cry. Later, I put a different monitor in and powered on. No signs of life. I tested the voltages at the power supply. Nothing. The power supply was dead. Replaced the power supply and powered it on. It came up, but with terribly corrupted graphics. The PCB is bad. Oh joy. I paid $700 for a completely non-functional, damaged GnG cabinet.
Of course, I eventually got the game completely working, but it was an expensive lesson. Always ship with a big company and arrange the shipping yourself before-hand. Make sure the seller can adequately protect a game for shipping. Do a search for "Randy Buffalo" with google if you want to enjoy hours of interesting reading.